Friday, November 24, 2006

Flea Ridden Fun

It feels a little while since we´ve posted any new articles, so firstly, I must apologise. Anyway, enough of that, here´s what we´ve been up to.

We´re still in Huaraz and still working with the kids. The little monkeys have fleas and I have been inflicted with dozens of flea bites over the last two weeks. I have learnt though, that Vicks Vapour Rub is very good at easing the itching and so I have been applying this with gusto! I´ve had to treat our bed clothes twice and have now taken to wearing deet to class. Unfortunately you can´t stop kids clambering all over you and certainly can´t say ´do you mind not touching me or coming near me?´. Anyway, it´s only for a short period of time, so I can put up with a bit of itching for the sake of the smiles on their faces when I give them a big hug. Strangely, Stuart doesn´t not have one single bite and that´s just not fair. Nevermind.

No comments: